Monday, April 19, 2010

The University of Bonn

USM has a great study abroad program. There are several different places you can go. France, Germany, Australia, The Netherlands, Africa, Spain, etc. Though it does cost a little extra to participate in these programs, the experience and education you get more than make up for the extra costs. I am planning on going to Germany to study at the University of Bonn for an academic year. Having already been there, I'm excited to see the changes that have occured since my last visit 10 years ago. The university is situated throughout the city. There is no "campus" like we have in the states. Once you decide on a major, classes are usually only in one building so having the buidlings spread out across the city isn't really a problem. The university was founded in 1818 by Friedrich Wilhelm III, who was the King of Prussia. Out of the 38,000 students enrolled, approximately 2,500 are international students.

I am both excited and nervous to begin my year there in the fall. I know I am going to have a great once-in-a-lifetime experince. I am hoping to learn more about myself as a person. There is a lot of work to do to go and I know there will be a lot of work to do while there. After all the chaos is over and the hard work is done, I know it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment